Understanding the Environment Impact Assessment Draft 2020

What is Environment Impact Assessment?  Environment impact assessment is a process under the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986, which prevents industrial and infrastructural projects from being approved without proper oversight. This process ensures that every project should go through the EIA process for obtaining prior environmental clearance.  The new draft Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) 2020 proposed… Continue Reading →

Nuclear Energy in India

Did you know that 54% of the power generated in India is coal-based? You must be well aware of the adverse effects that use of fossil fuels has on the environment, the most significant being global warming. As the effects of global warming become more and more palpable, the search for a clean source of… Continue Reading →

Locust swarm

Desert Locust Swarms- All you need to know

Tales and fantasies spoke of times unknown and lands unknown, there would be a villain and life would stop, rendering people hapless and uncertain. Books have often described an impending hell for mankind. For many, they seemed to be fiction while for others, this doom was something too far away in the future to worry… Continue Reading →

Water Scarcity and Rainwater Harvesting

Twenty-one cities in India including Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata and Hyderabad will run out of groundwater by 2020, affecting around 100 million people and 40% of India’s population will have no access to drinking water by 2030.  Even for the remaining 60%, the price of a human necessity like water will skyrocket. A dystopia where… Continue Reading →


Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.

Follow Our Blog

Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.

Website Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

Create your website at WordPress.com
Get started